Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Good and The Bad

In the wonderful adventure of relocation (insert sarcastic voice here), this has been a really tough week.

We had our home inspected this week, and the report was not good. I suspect we need a new roof. The relocation company is not happy, and wants to drop us like a hot potato.

Our realtor, who last February was all confidence and roses, now seems to be hedging his bets. He is wavering on pricing strategy, which thus fills me with doubts. I don't want the house to linger on the market for weeks while I'm breaking my back to keep it open house-ready.

The neighborhood bunko ladies were telling me tales of friends who'd recently sold their house in a day. Not a terrible problem to have, actually, but it could be bad news if you do not have a new house to move to and are quickly rendered "homeless" overnight.

So, what's a gal to do at a time like this?

Dream of gardens, of course!




I've been doing a little research on square foot gardening. It's basically a raised bed garden that combines certain plantings together in small spaces to maximize growth and produce yield.

I'll be moving at an awkward time, in terms of gardening, and I may not get much accomplished this year. It's good to dream about the next great garden, though. It distracts my negative thinking about roof replacements and real estate.

Happy thoughts, little garden in my mind! Happy thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment