Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tree Swings

My husband did another drive-by of a house last night and sent me photos.

"Oh look!" I told my son, Sam. "A tree swing!"

Just before Sam was born, we found a tree swing for the big linden tree in the front yard of our home in Michigan. It was made of barrel staves from wine barrels in California. I loved that swing! I would hold baby Sam on my lap, and we would swing under the sheltering branches, looking up at the birds and leaves.

It was bliss.




We have brought that swing with us for every relocation. Unfortunately, we've never had a tree that had a limb at just the right height. We have a forest full of trees in our back woods, and not a single one would accommodate our tree swing.


The new home search has me dreaming of tree swings again. Maybe, just maybe we will find a house with the perfect tree that has the perfect spot for a tree swing.

I'm adding this to my list of prayers.

It's a growing list.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...such pretty pictures have us all dreaming of tree (or tire!) swings! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete