Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Unpacking Day


We're here! We're here! We're finally here!

Last Friday, the moving van was waiting for us at our new Pittsburgh home. They spent a long, hot, grueling day unpacking all of our furniture and boxes.


So many boxes!

I have to confess...before the move, my husband and I both looked around our home and thought (rather smugly, I might add) "Wow, we've really pared down! Look at how much we've cleared out! Unpacking should be a breeze!"

And then the movers brought our stuff into the new house. As we began to unpack, we were overwhelmed by the sheer volume of STUFF that we possess.

Why, oh why, do we hold on to so many things? We wish we could have had ten more garage sales!

The lesson learned here is this: When you think you've pared down, go through your house and do it again. And again. And again.


We were exhausted by the end of every day. Our muscles were tired from lugging and toting, and our brains were tired from making so many decisions.

We're getting more settled and more comfortable in our new home every day. I can finally see the top of my kitchen table, and that's progress!

Yesterday, this table hosted an impromptu tea party with my new neighbor and her little daughter. Mary, Mary Theresa, and Mary Rose all sat down to a proper tea.

I think I'm going to love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment