Wednesday, April 24, 2013

36 Days


The story continues...

So my husband puts an offer on a house that he instantly fell in love with, a house that was totally finished from top to bottom.

Unfortunately, seven other families also fell in love with the house and made offers as well.

Seven offers.

Which, of course, sparks a bidding war, where the seller and her agent kept all parties on pins and needles for four days.

In the end, we did not get the house.

I'm trusting that God did not want us to live in that house, and He has something better in store for us.

My husband, however, is in a full on panic and wants a house now. Any house. It doesn't matter to him.

Because in 36 days, we will be homeless.

But I refuse to join him in this personal freak out. I told him that now is the time to pray and wait upon the Lord, not rush into making rash decisions because a clock is ticking.

I have a plan B.


My plan B involves putting our household goods in storage and spending the summer with my Mom in Michigan.

I will not grab a house I don't like in a location that is less than desirable.  I really don't think that God wants us to buy a house that is "done" because He has given us a gift to "make all things new". We could find the house tomorrow, or we could find it in July.

Today, the thought of a summer in Michigan makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful idea...maybe rent a place on a lake for "the gang" to hang and play together...now I'm not sure what to pray for!
    Tee-hee xo

    ReplyDelete