Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Craziest Thing I've Ever Done to Sell a House

This may be the craziest thing I've ever done to sell a house.

I staged an empty bedroom as a nursery.

And I don't have a baby.

Yes, I have babies, but they are big babies...you know, the kind that leave their huge shoes everywhere for me to trip over.

Here's my thought process on the matter. My oldest son moved his belongings to a rental home near campus, so his room became the game room/guest room. And what was once the game room/guest room was the smallest room of the house. It is next door to the master bedroom, which is an ideal spot for a nursery.

The experts will tell you that most buyers do not have very good imaginations. With that in mind, I thought it might be a good idea to show them one purpose for this room.

When I floated the idea past my realtor, he told me that if I could do it without spending a dime, then he was all for it.


I am not a hoarder, but I do have a Rubbermaid tote for each son, filled with a few key items from their baby years. My son, John, assembled the crib, I hauled out the bedding, and voila! Instant nursery!


A few sweet toys and stuffed animals to say "Isn't this a cute room for a baby?"


And, as luck would have it, all of the bedding matched the paint color of the room!


So, tell me, what do you think? Was it a crazy idea? Was it a good staging concept? Am I taking this house selling thing too seriously?

Opinions welcome!

3 comments:

  1. no...what makes you think that? LOL...so, when's that baby due? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. I am staging my craft room as a guest room so why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craft rooms! ugh! They can get so messy. I think that's a great solution!

      Delete